Upcoming HBRF Events
Cyber and Information Security: Board Level Responsibility – What Directors need to know!
We are re-running this event to accomodate those who missed out due to limited availability in February!
Friday 27th April 2018 @ 8AM
58 High Street
Our exclusive event for directors!
The Humber Business Resilience Forum in conjunction with Institute of Directors are pleased to invite you to our latest seminar looking at Cyber and Information Security at Board Level – our exclusive event for Directors!
- 8-8:30: Registration, coffee, sandwiches and networking.
- 8:30: Welcome (Pat Coyle, IOD Chair)
- 8:35-8:40: Scene setting (Gordum Meldrum, HBRF Chair)
- 8:40-9:10: PREPARE FOR: Understanding the risks, board level responsibility, director duties, taking ownership, legal requirements and the cost of getting it wrong! Ralph Gilbert (Rollits and HBRF)
- 9:10-9:40: RESPOND TO: Ownership, development of a coherent cyber and information security strategy, what you need to do, planning, implementation & scope. Norman Mortell (Agenda Screening Services and IOD/HBRF)
- 9:40-10:10: EMERGE FROM: Managing in a crisis, planning, management of communications, PR, managing reputational risk and getting back to “normal”. Blair Jacobs (BJ Communications and IOD)
- 10:10-10:30: Q&A and thank you. (Gordon Meldrum, HBRF)
Please arrive promptly for an 8:30AM start. Refreshments and sandwiches will be provided.
Could your Business Survive a Cyber Attack? Table Top Event.
Thursday 19th April 2018 @ 8:30AM
Melton Police Station
Prepare your business for a cyber-attack with this interactive table top event. This event will give you practical advice and strategies for preparing your business for a potential cyber-attack.
- Business strategy
- Policy processes
- Key stakeholders involved in your business.
From the event you will:
- Learn who the key ‘go to’ people are in case your business is subject to a Cyber Attack
- Develop and form support links within the business community
- Understand the importance of cyber threats
- Take away an awareness of the cyber trends in the Humber region.
This event is in association with Humberside Police.
Book tickets here: https://hbrf-cyberattack-tabletopexercise.eventbrite.co.uk
The Cyber Threat to UK Business Report 2016/17 outlined the growing cyber-crime threat that our country faces. That trend has continued this year, highlighted by high-profile cyber-attacks with far-reaching consequences and real harm caused to victims. This year’s...read more
This Board Level Responsibility for Information Security event was very well attended despite horrendous wintery weather conditions. The high level audience were attracted to this Institute of Directors (IOD)and Humber Business Resilience (HBRF) joint event to hear...read more